Wednesday 7 January 2015

A change in blog direction - Hessian & Twine

Duck House started out as a record of our house renovations and quickly descended into a painstaking review of how slowly things were progressing. The renovations were not moving as quickly as I expected - the actual parts of the building that was occurring were all infrastructure and quite frankly all a bit boring. I wasn't that concerned with how the cables should lie in the roof... My attention was well and truly attuned to the interior decoration side of the renovation. This focus was aided and abetted by my hobby of upholstery. I started learning upholstery eight years ago and fell in love with the way a chair could be transformed with skill and a beautiful fabric. I was addicted. Through a series of events my hobby of upholstery has turned into my business,  Hessian & Twine. Please visit the website where you can find the full story. So, as the guilt rose about my lack of posting on Duck House and my interest in sharing my love of all things upholstery increased too I decided to make some changes to my blog with the start of 2015. I will still try to document our renovation process and the (many) lessons we are learning while at the same time moving the focus to the interiors side and incorporating a little more Hessian & Twine (note the change to the blog title). I hope you enjoy this new(ish) blog and I look forward to hearing from you.

Susan


Before and after of some old dining chairs.
Completely transformed with a splash of paint and some Pierre Frey fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment