Thursday 8 August 2013

Dahlias

The posts have been very few and far between. Not due to lack of thinking about the house renovations but with everything that is going unless something really hits me in the face I don't think to blog about it. This morning however I was struck. On the weekend we had been lamenting the fact that a lot of the flowers had gone and the garden was looking a bit sorry for itself. We are learning and need to work out how to co-ordinate the planning a little better to keep a constant flow of flowers. Spring had well and truly sprung and the roses were just about gone. I made coffee and took it into the garden so we could sit in the morning sunshine together and enjoy the java (if Piers is to be found it is in the garden). As we were sitting there merrily chatting away I saw a dahlia, then another, then another. Overnight they seemed to all bloom. So, I share with you my joy that was my morning coffee and dahlias...

Cactus Dahlia


Having a feast

Pretty yellow

Another feed. 

Pompom Dahlia in cream

Red pompom Dahlia
Love the photos where the bees are having a feed! Wonderful to have bees and butterflies in the garden. Piers has done an amazing job in the garden and I think the next post will be the before and after although he tells me in no uncertain terms that it is still a work in progress.

Good weekend to all.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see all those surprises in the garden. Tell Piers the work in progress is looking rather good, and I imagine a garden is always a work in progress right? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely and a labour of love. xx

    ReplyDelete