Tuesday 14 August 2012

Beginnings of a rose garden..

After two whole days of digging, and a very sore back, I think the beginnings of a rose garden are appearing. Not least because in among the weeds and overgrowth I found a little rose. I found this rose on the first day (there has been a week between diggings) and now it has a little bud on it. Poor little thing just needed some light and space. The remnants of a trellis were there also and I have attempted to reconstruct it hoping the climbing roses that were already in the garden can now flourish (notice the now clean greenhouse!). They are a delightful pale pink. So now the challenge is what roses to choose to plant. Jenny from South Acres Farm (www.southacresfarm.blogspot.co.uk) has made some wonderful suggestions such as Heritage, William morris, Pam Austen and my now favourite, Queen of Sweden, all from David Austin roses (www.davidaustenroses.com). What is your favourite rose?



No comments:

Post a Comment